March 5, 2014

Ghostzapper - A Powerful Inspiration

By the time I got involved with horse racing (in 2010), Ghostzapper (BC classic winner 2004, Horse of the year 04) had already retired from racing and has been active in stud duty. Once I discovered this champion, he has quickly risen to be the most inspiring athlete for me.

I have loved watching every one of his races and here I would like to share a few of the gems. From the fast closing victory in the Grade 1 Vosburgh...

to the tantalizing stretch battle with Saint Liam in the mile and 1/8th at the Gr I Woodward

to the absolutely sensational Breeder's Cup Classic (track record and stakes record) where he blows away a very talented field, Ghostzapper has always delivered, in style. The video below has extended post race coverage and trophy presentation included.

In 2005, he came back in the Gr 1 Metropolitan Handicap (Met Mile) to outclass competition.

He has definitely been one of the fantastic horses to be trained by Robert Frankel (aka Bobby Frankel) who has been immortalized by an unbeaten thoroughbred champion Frankel, in England. I almost forgot to add his superbly run Tom Fool Handicap which was run at a breakneck pace! 


Update

Recently I discovered some very interesting videos of Ghostzapper, hosted on Adena Springs (his owners' page). Titled, the "Ghost Series (opens in new window)", it conveys this champ's history with a new perspective of stories told around a campfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and opinions here!

Promotional link

www.twinspires.com

Join the Discussion