Opening bids generally start at one third retail price.
Auction Site Link
Though my contacts in the racing industry, I have gathered numerous racing-related prizes. Opening bids generally start at one third retail price.
Here are some of the Thoroughbred racing prizes.
* 4 season clubhouse passes to Del Mar (value $1,600), opens at $533
* DRF Formulator 240-card package (value $695), opens at $232
* VIP package for 6 at Monmouth Park ($160 value), opens at $53
* Day at the races package for 6, including race named after you and winner's circle picture at Belmont Park ($400 value), opens at $133
* Handicapping books and DVDs by Steve Crist, Jim Quinn and Peter Fornatale ... opening bids at $10 each.